Secure Share Loan
Secure Share Loan
From 4.79% (APR 4.9%)
A Share-Secured Loan is a cost-effective way to access funds while leaving your savings untouched and available for future needs. Please use our Loan Calculator to see what your repayments and interest rates could be.
A Share Secured Loan allows you to borrow up to the value of your savings at the special low rate of 4.79% (4.90%APR). So if you don't want to dip into your savings but need to make a necessary purchase or if you are considering giving your family a well-deserved treat you can now make your savings work for you.
What is a Secured Loan Rate?
A Secured Share Loan is a loan where the value of the sum borrowed is less than or equal to the value of the shares (or savings) which the member has in the account.
For example, if Mary wishes to borrow €5,000 from TUICU and has savings of at least €5,000 in her account at TUICU, she can borrow this amount at 4.90% APR.
In this case, Mary would need to pledge €5,000 of her savings against the loan in order to receive this rate. In other words, Mary’s savings of €5,000 would act as security against her loan of the same amount.
About our Loan
- Most people find it easier to repay a loan than replace savings
- On the spot approval
- Enjoy even lower rates than our product-specific loans offer
- Continue to earn any future dividends on your savings account
- Can be used for just about any purpose
- Guarantees you won't spend your savings, as you may not withdraw the pledged amount until your loan is repaid in full
- Convenient payment options
- Quick decisions within 24 Hours
- Free loan insurance*
- No Minimum savings or membership period
- No penalties for early repayment
*Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future. **Loans are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.