CU Greener Home Loan
Key Benefits of the Scheme
- Easy Application Process - a one-stop-solution to help you with all the elements of home energy efficiency improvements
- Grants/ Supports of up to 40% available and discounted up front
- Low Cost Loan - loan rates from as low as 4.9% APR
- Fully managed Grant process - all aspects of the grant application managed on your behalf
- Expert Advice and Assistance - A dedicated project manager is on hand to help you with all aspects of the project, from start to finish.
Grants and supports of up to 40% are available as part of this scheme. The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) provide grants of up to 35% depending on the type of energy efficiency improvements carried out and the age of the home. In addition, as part of this initiative, Energia will provide additional support of up to 5%. Terms, conditions and eligibility criteria apply.
Loans from as low as 4.9% APR
In order to support the green economy and encourage everyone to strive for most energy efficient enhancements, we are offering the lowest interest rates on work which has the biggest overall impact on the home’s energy rating.
- Approved retrofit work which results in the home achieving a Building Energy Rating (BER) of A3 or better will attract a loan interest rate of 4.9% APR.
- Approved retrofit work which results in the home achieving a Building Energy Rating (BER) of B2 or better will attract a loan interest rate of 5.96% APR.
- Approved work which results in a home achieving an energy rating of lower than B2 will attract a loan interest rate of 7.98% APR.
Terms, conditions and eligibility criteria apply.
What work is covered
- Double/ Triple Glazed Windows
- Solar Panels
- Attic insulation
- Demand Control Ventilation
- Heating Controls
- Exterior Wall Insulation
- Interior Wall Insulation
- Insulated Doors
- Heat Pumps
- New Boiler
This energy calculator will take you through a simple four step process to help you work out the most energy efficient improvements for your home. As well as giving you indicative costs of any potential work, it will show you the energy improvements that can be achieved, the grants available and the option for credit union finance.
The energy calculator provides indicative results and is for illustrative purposes only. A follow up consultation/ survey is available to establish the exact costs and benefits.
*Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future. **Loans are subject to approval. Terms and conditions apply. If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.
How the Scheme Works
CU Greener Homes offers a simple four step process to get you on your way to a warmer, greener home.
Did You Know
You can now apply for your loan through your Online Banking Account.