Fraud is a serious problem that affects many people every day. In today's fast-paced world, it is essential to be vigilant and protect yourself from fraudsters who are constantly looking for ways to take advantage of unsuspecting individuals.
At TUICU, we take fraud prevention seriously and are committed to helping our members stay informed and protected. We want to educate you on the common types of fraud and what you can do to prevent falling victim to it.
Type of Frauds:
What You Can Do:
- Be skeptical of unsolicited phone calls, emails, or text messages, especially those that ask for personal information.
- Review your account statements regularly to detect any suspicious activity.
- Check your credit report at least once a year to ensure that no new accounts have been opened in your name.
- Use strong, unique passwords for your online accounts and change them regularly.
- If you suspect fraud, report it immediately to your credit union or financial institution.
- Remember, prevention is key when it comes to fraud. Stay vigilant and protect your personal and financial information at all times. We are here to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about fraud prevention.
As a precaution TUI credit union have introduced the following measures to mitigate the possibility of our members being impacted:
- Reduced the daily limit a member can transfer from their credit union account from €5,000 to €2,000. Should a member wish to transfer an amount great than €2,000 they can contact the office and speak to a member of staff.
- Monitor withdrawals against known BIC (Bank Identifier Codes). These BICs have been identified from successful scams within other financial institutions.
- Disabled Push Notifications on the TUICU Mobile App. All future authentication codes will be received by SMS to the mobile number we hold on a member's account.
- Where a new payee is set up on a member's account, the payee will not be activated until a staff member of TUI credit union has verified the details with the member (this feature is not immediately available).
We understand that some of these new features may impact on our members but we view these as being necessary to protect you during this difficult period.